Steve Sofferin's album HISTORY is released!
HISTORY - Available Now!
Steve is Social & Digital
News from HISTORY headquarters!
STEVE SOFFERIN wins Country/Bluegrass Category
Acoustic Music Awards - promoting excellence in Acoustic Music Performance and Artistry
A serendipitous meeting with Raz Koren at the Drake Hotel bar in Toronto... 10 songs, a shot & a beer or two later, and we're making an album! With Raz at the Production helm, a bevy of Martin guitars, the Steve Sofferin Songbook, and Calvin Hartwick, Head Engineer, we headed into Dream House Studio.
Over the next 24 months, with the help & collaboration of...
- Raz's expertly crafted charts & arrangements.
- Clifton David Broadbridge, taking us to the edge of the analog sonic frontier.
- Dream House, El Mocambo Productions, Revolution Recording, JCM.
- My wife Lisa (my biggest fan), along for the entire ride.
- The beautiful & talented Mara Sofferin, always by my side.
Our rock-solid Rhythm Section
- Raz Koren (Electric Guitar)
- Steve Sofferin (Acoustic Guitar)
- Chris Pruden (Keys)
- Mathieu Rousseau (Bass)
- Mike Boyd (Drums)
The Keeper of the Groove
- Trevor Yearwood (Congas & Percussion)
The sweet, spot-on harmonies:
- Buffy Vanderbuhrn, Sophie Berkal-Sarbit, & Miranda Di Perno
- Alexis Baro (Trumpet & Flugelhorn)
- Braxton Raymond (Tenor Sax)
- Nebyu Yohannes (Trombone)
Our twang team:
- Aaron Goldstein (Pedal Steel - Two Shots of Jack)
- Adrian Cooke (Pedal Steel - History)
The Porch Song Players:
- Frank Evens (Banjo)
- Ben Plotnick (Fiddle)
Our extraordinary String Section:
- Emily Hau (Violin)
- Ann Atkinson (Violin)
- Amanda Penner (Cello)
- Alex McMaster (Viola)
The musical contributions of:
- Jason Apostle (Piano), Elliott Gwynne & David Haskett (Bass)
The expert arranging, editing, project management, guitar work and genius of our Producer, RAZ KOREN.
Engineering every night into the wee-small by CALVIN HARTWICK.
The lush analog sound, and our sonic-defender to the end, Mixing Engineer, CLIFTON DAVID BROADBRIDGE, El Mocambo Productions.
The exceptional Mastering by JOAO CARVALHO.
EDDIE KRAMER'S two-cents (more valuable than a Bitcoin).
Written, performed & recorded with Martin, Gibson and Fender Guitars.
D-28 D-42 0000-28H Gibson ES-335 Fender Stratocaster
Our studio survival & hydration checklist:
Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Bobcaygeon Beer, & Grow-a-Pear Cider, Burgers Priest, Fresh Off the Boat, and Peoples Eatery.
...We've got ourselves an album, BEST TIME EVER!